Friday 8 January 2016

Meeting new people

So I've made a new friend, online. I actually have no idea how we even started chatting, a comment here, a comment there and suddenly we're besties on Pinterest and chatting online. She seems normal and fun and we seem to have a lot in common (ie: we both enjoy day drinking, making lists and we both worry way too much, about shit).

But... I worry - what do I really know about her? She has no profile picture and the only thing I really know about her as an undisputable fact is she likes white kitchens as much as me... nobody would pin that many pic's to lure someone into a conversation. Is she in turn worrying about me? Wondering if I'm some axe murdered with a white kitchen fetish?

So at what point do you simply trust that the person on the other end of the keyboard is who they say they are? Or do we simply blindly assume everyone we meet online is a ticking time-bomb... 'cos really, if they were that witty and funny why are they online and not interacting with their real friends? And then I remember - Oh Crap! That's me too then....

Till later

Txxx

No comments:

Post a Comment